Do you have Renters Insurance?

Friday, June 10, 2011

Recently, my boyfriend and I invested in Renters Insurance.  I should have done it a lot sooner but you know how it goes!  I have read a few things on the subject and the one thing that is always mentioned is to keep track of what you own in a photo album or journal.  When is the last time you printed out pictures?  Me - About 6 months ago I printed a few from my phone of my dog to put in my cubicle at work.  It's not like taking a roll of film to the drug store for one hour developing anymore.  I have tons of pictures on my computer but most are only shared on Facebook or on my phone.  So since we live in a digital age, why not keep a digital album on sites such as Snapfish or Shutterfly?  No one wants to think about the bad stuff, but imagine if you lost everything in a fire.  Imagine you had no insurance.  Imagine that you lost everything that you have accumulated in your life.  These are only 2 pictures from a fire at my sisters apartment so I know all to well, I don't have to imagine.

I have thought about the photo album idea and had taken pictures of our expensive belongings.  The TV, computer, game systems etc.  But I worried that if I EVER had to experience this myself, what would happen to my photo album?  So it dawned on me to keep everything digitally.  Yes, I can store all the pictures on my PC but as you can see, not everything makes it in a fire.  Perhaps you know yourself.  Protect yourself just in case.  It will be one less thing you will have to worry about in life, and it's cheap you will regret not having it if you ever need it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog contents © Faery Dust Designs by Jenny-Em 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.